I’m Shane, creator of 127kgs.
In 2011, weighing 127kg and considered morbidly obese I was admitted to hospital with a massive blood clot and pulmonary embolism. The reality is, I could’ve died! Over the next two years there were a lot of doctors, dozens of injections, 100’s of blood tests and 1000’s of pills. Amongst all this, one message was coming through loud and clear…
“You gotta lose weight dude!”
I tried and failed a lot before I found sustainable habits that worked.
I learned the hard way that living healthy, getting fit and losing weight isn’t about sacrifice and willpower. You don’t need to give up the things you love in order to live the life you want.
Healthy is a skill that you learn and you get better at it over time.
I’ve discovered that small changes add up to big results. Exercise programmes, diets and other big sweeping changes simply aren’t sustainable.
Weight loss takes time. As much as we all want immediate results, there are no quick solutions to this long term problem.
The toughest battles are often fought in our own heads – allow yourself to believe you’re worth it, capable of it and understand that you’re much, much stronger than you know.
A healthy lifestyle in real life is nothing like the way it’s portayed by most online fitness personalities
1. Diets are RubbishDieting doesn’t work. Actually, it just makes your life suck. Depriving yourself of the things you love is not the way to live your life.
2. Sustainable Health is about Healthy HabitsOver time you’ll learn to identify your unhealthy habits and how you can slowly replace them with healthier, sustainable habits.
3. You Don't Need Gyms, Pills or Programmes.All the tools you need to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals come built right in to your own body.
4. Nutrition Doesn't Need to be ComplicatedA healthy diet can be as simple, or as complicated as you wanna make it. Bodybuilders and athletes might need to know about macronutrients, micronutrients and nutrient-gene interactions, but you and I don’t need to know this stuff.
5. Be Active. Enjoy itExercise because you enjoy it. Never make it a battle of willpower. If you hate it, you just won’t do it.
6. Learn to CookPreparing and cooking your own meals is one of the greatest weapons you’ve got in this mission to lose weight and get healthy.
7. Everyone is DifferentWe all have different wants and needs. Experiment with your habit changes until you figure out what works best for you.
8. There is No Finish LineHealthy doesn’t come with a end date. It’s not like a hire purchase where make 12 monthly payments and you own it for life. The changes we’re making are permanent and sustainable.
9. Nobody's PerfectYou’ll have good days and bad days and that’s ok. None of us are perfect but you’ll always try and do better today than you did yesterday.
10. You Never Give UpIf something isn’t working or it’s making your life suck, try something else. Just never give up!
“127kgs will teach you how to lose weight, get fit and be healthy”
Excessive motivation and willpower not required.
Maybe you’re here because you’re overweight and frustrated, just like I was.
Maybe you’re here because you’ve tried to lose weight before, but never succeeded.
Maybe you’re here because your doctor told you need to make some big changes to your lifestyle before you face some serious health issues, just like I did.
Maybe you’re here because you’ve got kids now, and you’re worried how your health will impact upon them.
Maybe you just want to see yourself in photos, or wake up, look in the mirror, and not feel crappy about yourself!
Maybe you’re sick of hearing the same old shitty “move more eat less” mantra the internet has become famous for.
Whatever your reason for being here, thank you.
Over 1900 amazing people have subscribed to my newsletter – you’re amazing too!